Services Beyond the Cart
Our programs are tailored to meet all of your business needs, including providing different sizes and types of carts, debris boxes, compactors and balers, coordinating zero waste events, and consulting and auditing your refuse service.
Construction & Demolition
Construction & Demolition Debris Collection and Recycling in the Bay Area
What is Construction & Demolition Debris?
Construction and demolition (C&D) material consist of debris generated the construction, renovation, and demolition of buildings, roads and bridges. C&D debris may contain concrete, wood, bricks, metals, asphalt, sheetrock, glass, porcelain, concrete, and dirt and other building components. It may also include corrugated cardboard, a variety of plastics such as PVC pipe, packaging, and yard or landscaping materials from construction site work and clearing. All of these construction materials can be recycled!
San Francisco's Mandatory C&D Recycling Ordinance
Under the C&D Ordinance in the City and County of San Francisco, C&D debris must:
- Be transported by a registered C&D provider
- Go to a registered construction debris recycling facility and cannot go to landfill.
- Be taken to a registered facility that can process mixed C&D debris and divert a least 65% from landfill.
The City and County of San Francisco's mandatory ordinance applies to all commercial and residential indoor and outdoor construction projects including repairs, improvements, additions, remodeling, and demolitions.
Recology C&D Recovery Solutions
- Debris Collection: Recology Debris Box Service is a registered C&D transporter. Various sizes and flexible scheduling options are available.
- C&D Materials Recycling Facility: C&D materials collected in a debris box by Recology are diverted to Recology San Francisco, a registered facility specifically designed to recycle construction debris.
- Reuse & Recycling: Reuse and recycling of C&D materials is one component of a larger practice called sustainable or green building construction. Appliances, such as water heaters, dishwashers and stoves are recycled through a metal recycling company. Reusable materials such as doors, windows, furniture, light fixtures are donated to our non-profit partners.
Call us at 1-888-404-4008 or visit our debris box rental services for a free quote.
Customers who haul their own construction and demolition debris in a pickup truck can drop it off at the San Francisco Dump.
Customized refuse handling systems for any situation in the Bay Area
Recology Golden gate offers a full range of stationary and self-contained compaction equipment to help businesses efficiently handle large amounts of recycling, compost, and landfill-bound waste produced on site, help manage odor, space, and control overall waste handling costs.
Recology strives to provide the best quality, period!
- A full line of balers, containers, electric and manual pallet jacks, and tow vehicles, ranging in size from one to forty cubic yards
- Knowledge and experience with a range of refuse handling services that clearly differentiates us from the typical equipment dealer
- The freedom to customize your program to meet your needs without being bound to any particular manufacturer
- Full preventive maintenance, cleaning and repair programs for purchased or leased units
We also maintain and repair equipment supplied by other vendors.
- For sales, leases, rentals, and any new equipment consultations, please call (415) 626-4000.
- For repairs and to schedule preventative maintenance or steam cleanings, call 415-621-3841.
Zero Waste Events
Containers for Special Events
Recology provides special event recycling and compost collection services throughout the city, from small festivals to major events such as the Chinese New Year Parade.
Special Event Boxes
We offer boxes for special events. Options include:
- Color-coded cardboard recycling, composting, and trash containers in various sizes
- 3, 4 and 6-cubic yard Bin By The Day metal containers
- Visual guides of materials to recycle and compost
- Debris boxes in five different sizes for big jobs
- - -
Spotlight Event: President's Cup Golf Championship
Using our bins and support services, the President's Cup Golf Championship at Harding Park recycled 97 percent of the material generated at the international event!
- - -
Bin By The Day boxes are available for 1 day or 1 week rentals. Call us to get one!
Schedule your special events service at least one week in advance of your event.
Use our contact form, or call us toll free at (888) 404-4008 to get started.
For additional resources for special events visit SFEnvironment.org.
Audits & Consultations
Zero Waste Audits & Consultations
The City and County of San Francisco has a goal to reach zero waste by 2020.
See a list of San Francisco businesses diverting 75% or more of their garbage away from landfills.
The effort you make in changing how you sort your waste not only helps San Francisco reach its goal, it also contributes to our efforts to preserve a healthy planet by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Our commercial recycling sales team helps businesses apply best management practices in collecting recycling, composting and trash. We provide a single point of contact to help you implement new recycling programs or improve your existing program and make sure you have the resources you need.
Contact our sales team to:
- Conduct a audit of your waste stream to reduce your costs
- Visit your site and discuss your goals, space requirements and timeline
- Customize your collection service options and equipment to meet your needs
- Provide signs, fliers, stickers, and training at no additional cost
The sales department specializes in all business types--from office buildings, hotels and hospitality, restaurants, hospitals, and shopping centers to large commercial residential properties. You can feel confident that you will work with someone who has experience in implementing many different programs and will tailor our services for your business.
To schedule a sales consultation, call us and ask to speak with our sales department.
- Golden Gate Disposal (415) 626-4000
- Recology Sunset Scavenger (415) 330-1300
More Services and Products for Your Business
24/7 Property Maintenance Services
Recology can help ensure your property is open for business with seven day per week exterior maintenance services. Services include: litter, debris and graffiti removal, pressure washing and sweeping, and wipe-downs of exterior surfaces, plus free On-Call services for emergencies. Rates based on specific property requirements.
Contact CleanScapes to learn more about these services.
Recovered Resource Products
Recology manufactures several products made from the materials we recover.
- Curshed Base Rock
- Structural Backfill
- 3-Inch Minuse Course Material
Contact Sustainable Crushing to purchase our products.
Recology manufactures a variety of compost and soil amendment blends from the food scraps and yard debris we recover.
Visit the Compost Store to purchase our products.